As part of the Communicating Europe initiative and the EU Year of the Citizen, Near FM have recorded a special panel discussion on the subject of EU Citizenship.
The discussion facilitated by Community Media Forum Europe (CMFE) Chairperson and Near Media Co-op Coordinator Ciaran Murray features:
- Ciaran Murray –Ireland (chair)
- Dorothee Meyer Holtkamp –Germany
- Cristina Santamaria – Spain
- Maurizio Pittau –Italy (Sardinian)
- Rastislav Blažek –Slovakia
- Ida Haugland –Norway (by phone)
The debate focuses on points such us
- Is there such a thing as European citizenship?
- Are we more define by what we are not… Americans, Asians, Africans… rather than for what we are?
- If we meet a Swedish or a Croatian do we really feel a greater sense of camaraderie or understanding than when we meet a New Zealander or a Philippine?
Made with the support of the Department of the Taoiseach Communicating Europe initiative.