On this edition of Envrio:
Environmental consultant Jack O’Sullivan speaks to the team about the RTE TV program about the ESB leaks in which a whistle blower exposed the dangers of leaks from old pipe systems which have leaked into the subsoil close to water systems including the Royal and Grand Canal with as yet unknown but serious environmental contaminations.
Joe Dunne referred to an important meeting which took place last week about the Co-operative movement and small farmers and how they are marginalised with regard to the support systems which they should be getting from government.
Other topics include:
- HEMP: Industrial Hemp can be used to make Concrete, Paper, Plastics…pretty much anything
Petroleum can be used for. That’s why William Randolph Hurst and his Shell Oil buddies
launched a campaign to demonize Cannabis… Remember “Reefer Madness”.
- Climate Crisis
- The Ross Ice Shelf in Antarctica
- 20 Ways to save the planet
- Tree destruction in Ireland-many examples including Skerries county Dublin where residents have chained themselves to their trees in order to prevent their felling.
- Traffic jam capital-Dublin
- Holy Cross College Clonliffe Road North Dublin City amenity lands along the Tolka River is now at risk, due to advanced ‘horse trading’ between the Church the present owners and the GAA. Could the newly elected councillors to Dublin City Council to safeguard the public interest.
Presenter: John Haughton,
Panellist: Joe Dunne,
Guests: students Gerti, Laura, Halle, Manon