Rachel Wright – The Samaritans Mark Finnegan is joined by Rachel Wright from The Samaritans. Rachel talks about the year just passed, which has been the busiest in the history of their Dublin Offices. The Christmas period is an extremely busy time for the Samaritans organisation and their services will remain available full time. You can find contact details and information about all The Samaritans services on their website here.
- Alleviate loneliness amongst isolated elderly people through friendship
- Promote respect for each person’s dignity
- Foster independence and help the elderly to live at home for as long as possible
- Liaise with statutory agencies and voluntary groups in an effort to improve the quality of life of those referred to Friends of the Elderly Ireland
- Improve the services provided for the elderly by highlighting the difficulties they face
- Increase awareness of the important contribution elderly people have to offer.
Tony Monahan – The Radical Food Company Mark Finnegan is joined in studio by Tony Monahan from The Radical Food Company.
Radical Oats was founded by Tony’s wife Miriam who didn’t like porridge, but knew the beneﬁts of oats. So she developed a recipe using good old Irish oats and other natural Irish ingredients
that would keep hunger at bay for a very long time.
St Doulagh’s Church, Balgriffin
Service of Carols & Readings by candlelight with music by 1st Coy Boys’ Brigade Brass
Opening prayers & welcome: Rev. Ken Sherwood
How the Grinch stole Christmas: Sharon Williams
A Christmas Poem: Jayne Mangan
Prayers: Evan Watkins
Closing Prayers and blessing: Rev. Norman Gamble
Mark Finnegan talks to Fiona Cunningham from the Member First Credit Union. MFCU are having their AGM on Monday December 15th. The event is being held in the Crowne Plaza, Santry.
Sinead Beasley from Baldoyle recently won the European Kick Boxing Championship. She joins Heidi Bedell to talk about her success. Sinead talks about her love of the sport, what it takes to get to the top nad her hopes for the future.