Your house barristers Andrew Robinson and Peter Leonard look at the big stories this week, including;
1. The Supreme Court decision in the challenge to the children’s rights referendum, McCrystal is successful and the High Court decision is overturned within a week.
2. Protestor prosecuted for an egg attack on Eamonn Gilmore, the Minister had to wash his car, the protestor could spend a year in jail.
3. The High Courtawards €11 million in damages in a medical negligence case, Where is the hoped for legislation allowing for periodic paymentsin catastrophic injuries cases.
4. The Personal Insolvency Bill moves closer.
5. The latest news with Sean Quinn.
Constitutional law expert barrister and lecturer in Trinity College Dublin law department Oran Doyle on the McCrystal decision.
The children’s rights referendum, why you should vote yes; Maria Corbettt deputy chief executive of the Children’s Rights Alliance, and, on why you should vote no, Irish Times columnist John Waters.
The new president of the Law Society Solicitor James McCourt talked to Killian about the challenges facing the solicitors profession.
Colm O hOisin Senior Counsel and chairman of the Bar Council Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee on Dublin’s new international dispute resolution centre.
Fintan Lawlor solicitor on injunctions, and new law in this area.
Professor Seth Tillman on a recent decision on the High Court.
Edited by Aoife Nic Canna
Engineered by Alan Braddish
Tech and Podcasts Gavin Byrne
Produced by Killian Donoghue and Andrew Robinson