After four successful special Radio Culture Night Broadcasts, Near FM will present live coverage from Culture Night 2014, on 19 September 2014. The broadcast will be supported by our colleagues in Dublin South FM, Phoenix FM, West Dublin Access Radio & Raidio Na Life.
As in the past, the programme will feature artists, musicians, actors, writers and museum and gallery curators to showcase the best of what Culture Night has to offer. We expect to bring to the live and radio audience a mix of live content as well as pre-recorded segments and live music. And we will also broadcast As Gaeilge (keep an eye on the nearfm.ie site for the further information close to the date).
As a reminder, find here the podcast of Radio Culture Night 2013, that was broadcast live from the Hugh Lane Gallery. Among the interviewees were:
- Alastair MacAongusa, Temple Bar Cultural Trust
- Dr. Marguerita Cappock, Deputy Director and Head of Collections, Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane
- Mark Traynor, Manager, The James Joyce Centre
- Jim Doyle, The LAB
- Sile McNulty Goodwin, Education and REsearch Curator, Hugh Lane Gallery
- Mary Maher, Dublin Adult Learning Centre
- An Post Museum – Stephen Ferguson Museum Curator
- Moira Ní Chronán, Sean Nós Singer
- Muiris Fachtnatha, Raidio na Life
- Deirdre Morrissey, Market Studios
- Lisa Kenny, Fred Fest/The Doorway Gallery
- Denis Byrne, Darc Space
- John Smith, Artist currently exhibiting at Hillsboro Fine Art
As well as prerecorded interviews with Na Piobrairi Uillean, Irish Writers Centre, St. Marys Pro Cathedral, Malthouse Design Centre, among others.