On this edition of Enviro:
Susan Breen of extinction Rebellion talks to us about plans to reverse the extinction process.
Tadhg O’ Crowlaigh who talked about a number of issues. He referred to the Dublin City Council’s ‘Draft Climate Change Plan 2018-2024.
Other topics discussed included:
- David Bernhardt – Trump’s nominee for Secretary of the Interior — blocked the release of research that proved chlorpyrifos is putting more than 1,200 endangered species at risk of extinction. he did it all to protect Dow Chemical’s profits.
- Hedgehog numbers are down 95% since the 1950s-find out ways to prevent further annihilation.
- Dr Mark Dalton of Veterinary Ireland speaking on RTE Radio 1 this week during which he called on the government to ban fur farming, saying “we in Ireland need to be on the right side of history.”
- Monsanto corporation liable for a California man’s cancer caused in part by Roundup. Monsanto (Bayer) has been ordered to pay Edwin Hardeman $75 million in punitive damages, $5 million for past and future suffering, and more than $200,000 to cover medical bills.
- PESCO which sees Ireland becoming in effect part of an EU army.
Producer presenter John Haughton: panellist Joe Dunne & Robert Navan
In studio Guest -Tadhg O Cruadhlaoich
Phone interview Sue Breen
Students: Gertie and Laura from France-interns with Forest Friends Ireland