In the last show of 2013, presenters Andrew and Peter have a mix of new items and a few of the most interesting interviews from throughout the year.
First, Seamus O’Tuathail SC and David Nolan SC, Chairman of the Bar Council, pay tribute to Paul Callan SC on his 60th year in practice.
The other stories covered are:
– an interview from January with Texan lawyer Jeff Tilliston who was leading an action against Lance Armstrong for the recovery of sponsorship money.
– Anthony Collins SC spoke to The Brief in June after the Government nominated him for a position as a judge in the General Court of the EU.
– former Supreme Court judge Hugh O’Flaherty discussed the X Case prior to the Protection of Life referendum.
– journalist Conor Gallagher spoke about his recent Irish Times article on the low number of female barristers being appointed Senior Counsel.
– former bank robber and current law student Shon Hopwood spoke to The Brief in November about his transformation of his life after jail.
-and Jane Babb of Arthur Cox spoke about their summer internship that introduces students to work in a commercial law firm.
Presented by barristers Andrew Robinson and Peter Leonard.
Produced by Andrew Robinson and Killian Donoghue
Recording and Editing by Aoife Nic Canna