On this edition of Enviro:
John Haughton is joined by Michael Francis Moore, the American documentary filmmaker and author, best known for his work on globalization and capitalism.
- John Bolton/top war monger John Bolton down and many more to go before the people of many countries can have any kind of normality. The damage done by this master of war and genocides
- All about Forest Friends Ireland and Forest Friends International– interview with students working as interns with Forest Friends.
- The fate of the Kuala and the present mass destruction in Australia
- Will you join at #Climate Strike events on September 20th? See internet for details
- JPMorgan Chase As the world’s largest funder of the fossil fuel industry, JPMorgan Chase is not only complicit in the climate crisis but culpable. Chase is profiting from this crisis and it needs to face the destruction its investments cause and make a BIG change NOW.
- California Is First State to Ban Fur Trapping. In a major milestone for wildlife, California has become the US first state to outlaw fur trapping. The Wildlife Protection Act of 2019, backed by the Centre for Biological Diversity and our friends at Social Compassion in Legislation, was signed into law by Gov. Gavin Newsom last week. It prohibits trapping native animals — including bobcats, gray foxes, coyotes, beavers, badgers and mink — plus selling their pelts.
- Since 2017, at least 43,000 cows have been transported on crowded Lorries from Ireland to Turkey, in temperatures of up to 41.5 degrees, on a journey that takes nearly two weeks. Exhaustion, dehydration, and death are common during these trips. If they survive the gruelling journey, these animals’ throats will likely be slit while they’re still conscious and able to feel every agonising moment.
QUO TE: Albert Einstein said: “We are slowed down sound and light waves, a walking bundle of frequencies tuned into the cosmos. We are souls dressed up in sacred biochemical garments and our bodies are the instruments through which our souls play their music.”