Cormac Moore, Dublin City Libraries’ Historian in Residence for the North Central Area, begins a new fortnightly item where he will talk to Noel McGuinness about Irish History and in particular the Irish Revolution 1917-1923.
In this first interview, Cormac talks about the three part Lecture Series he will be giving in Raheny, Coolock, Marino and Donaghmede libraries starting on 12th June.
The three part series will cover:
- The immediate aftermath of the Rising up until the 1918 General Election.
- The War of Independence up to the signing of the Anglo-Irish Treaty in December 1921.
- The lead up to and events of the Civil War.
The dates are as follows:
- Raheny Library on Monday 12, 19 and 26 June at 6.30pm.
- Coolock Library on Tuesday 13, 20 and 27 June at 6.30pm
- Marino Library on Wednesday 14, 21 and 28 June at 6.30pm.
- Donaghmede Library on Thursday 15, 22 and 29 June at 6.30pm.